This summer I have been rather minimalistic; from my clothing to my hair to my make up. Mainly this is due to soaring temperatures and early morning summer classes. These items have gotten me through the summer thus far and will continue to do so well into September.
- Hat – Whether isn’t a boater hat or baseball cap, it will be a lifesaver. For those morning when you don’t have the time or patience to do anything to your hair, just throw one of this babies on. If you wear glasses, this is the perfect way to be fashionable while keeping the sun out of your eyes. It’s the perfect accessory that can be dressed up or down.
- Crossbody – Crossbody bags are the perfect bag. If you’re traveling or roaming about a big city it allows you to keep your important belongings close without the fear of them being stolen. You just throw it over your shoulder and go. I’m quite fond of Coach, Kate Spade, and Tory Burch, and I’ve also found Zara and H&M offer stylish alternatives.
- Chubby Stick – What I love about cubby sticks it that they’re an all in one product. I prefer the Clinique Whole Lotta Honey because it’s a buildable colour that’s subtle and natural. A similar option is Neutrogena.
- Sunscreen – I spend a lot of time walking places during the summer. Dress, shorts, and sandals all leave me feeling cool but increase my exposure to the sun. That’s why I love carrying a sunscreen throughout the day for protect.
- Tinted Moisturizer/CC Cream – If you’re not the type to go outside without any makeup a CC cream might be right for you. It’ll moisturizer, protect you from the sun rays, and add a bit of coverage to your face, while still giving you a breathable feeling to your skin.
- Water Bottle – I’ve found of the best ways to stay hydrated is to carry a water bottle with you. When something is in your sight, it’s harder to forget about it. The last thing we want is get dehydrated and ruin all our summer fun
- Sandals – My favourite footwear is sandals! They go with just about everything I have in my wardrobe, and often make excellent walking shoes if you choose wisely.
- Lightweight Dress – My go to outfit. A dress can be dressed up or down (no pun intended). When I’m in a pickle, without a clue of what I’m wearing I grab a dress and go from there. They’re breezy, appropriate for almost any venue, and comfortable!
- Flowy Shorts – This particular summer trend is one I’ve gladly hopped on bandwagon with. From solid colour to adorable patterns the softer, less structured, airy shorts for perfect for any casual summer day!
- Harem Pants – If you’re working in an office, shorts might not always been a clothing option for you which is why these are the next best thing. Typically patterns are similar to those you’ll find on shorts. Kohl’s offers lightweight, breathable, stylish selections perfect for a hot, summer day.
- Denim Jacket – I never leave the house without some sort of cardigan, sweater, jacket etc. Since most places will have the AC on blast, I recommend a denim jacket. It is a layerable, lightweight, flare to just about any summer look.
- Sunnies – In my book these should be a year round staple (hello light sensitive eyes). These make the perfect accessory on a bright day and who doesn’t like a little extra self care thrown in there too!
- White T-Shirt – It’s a basic piece that be worn with jeans, skirts,shorts, slacks. You can’t go wrong with it.
- Wedges – While I love good pump as much as the next girl, wedges scream summer to me. I prefer a true nude, because they make my little legs look a million miles long,tehe. Plus if you’re in an area with a lot of brick or cobble, your feet will thank you later!
- Tote – Summer is adventure time for many. While you’re gallivanting from here to there, you’ll to need something large enough to carry your snacks, sunscreen, water bottle , and jacket.
I would love to know what you have on the list for summer essentials.