There’s nothing like snuggling up on the sofa in your favourite blanket with hot cocoa, spiked nog, chilled wine, or freshly brewed tea while watching a Christmas movie. Whether it’s enjoying 25 Days of Christmas on ABC Family, your own version of Netflix and Chill, or the classic ole VHS DVD! These are some of the movies I find myself returning every holiday season and leaving the memories of Thanksgiving, gift shopping, and responsibilities in the distant past.
- Love Actually: The star studded cast alone should be reason enough. Plus you can easily knock out 2 hours of gift wrapping.
- Home Alone: It’s untouchable. Forget all those black and white movies. It is legendary and will go down in history like Rudolph!
- Home Alone 2: It’s like The Godfather of holiday movies. You can’t watching 1 without 2.
- The Santa Clause: Since this movie came out my birth year, I feel obligated to watch it while being reminded of how old I’m becoming.
- A Charlie Brown Christmas: It’s Charlie Brown duh!
- Dr. Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas: Clearly I’m referring to the one with Jim Carey and the mayor of Whoville that looks a lot like Mitt Romney.
- The Polar Express: I still remember taking a class trip to see this movie in elementary school.
- Gremlins : Gizmo is bae, but make sure you don’t eat after midnight if you’re watching this.
- The Preacher’s Wife: Not only because this produced my favourite soundtrack of all time, but it has Whitney Houston looking and sounding flawless! Then Denzel as an angel. ‘Nough said.